Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Utility Stores Corporation is a private limited Company and is the largest retail chain network (over 6.000 stores) in the country, with an annual sales turnover of around Rs.100 billion and employee strength of over 14000 people. Our core purpose is to provide quality consumer products to its customers at prices lower than the market.
The challenge brings tremendous growth opportunities both for the company and the team leading it. USC is an equal opportunity employer with no quota, conditionality or gender bias. We are looking for a candidate with the growth mindset. out of the box and lateral thinking, quick and decisive decision taking and commitment. We in short. are looking for a leader who has a convincing vision, can enroll all key stake holders on to it and has a firm grip on the present to deliver results in short term. Overall key responsibilities are organizational strategy planning, leadership and operational excellence including:-
1. Radically improving our current operations to deliver quality products at lower than market prices with world-class service.
2. Expanding and developing our existing business.
3. Building effective business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, in particular with Government and Public Sector organizations and networks at all levels.
4. Providing strong leadership and direction to entire team.
5. Setting top and bottom line targets, achieving revenue. profit margin, and cash flow targets.
Extensive, well rounded experience as a Senior Leader either within retail, distribution/supply chain, hospitality or FMCG industry is a must, as is significant experience in managing large teams in a complex business environment, and building or growing a medium to large sized business at General Manager or Managing Director level.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong track record of strategy development and business planning, as well as a proven background in engaging with and presenting to senior external stakeholders.
Essential is a degree or similar tertiary qualification in a relevant business discipline and / or a qualification in a business or specialist business discipline would be highly regarded Maximum permissible age is 54 years initial contract would be for 3 years extendable by another 3 years after approval of the Board of Directors
The person will be member of the Board of Directors reporting to the Chairman. The successful candidate is expected to be very active in the day-to-day challenges/affairs of the organization with a keen eye for detail.
The person will be required to travel extensively within Pakistan. The position is based at the Head Office in Islamabad.
Personal Characteristics for the role of Managing Director are:
• Determined. resilient and driven by success
• Dynamic Leader with a high degree of integrity
• Well developed communication skills, with a ‘can do’ approach
• Strong time management and decision-making skills
• A tearn player, providing constructive interpersonal relationships
• An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humor
This new and exciting Managing Director appointment will enjoy significant level of autonomy.The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and also financially rewarding environment, commensurate with the job responsibility and profile. In short, it is a lifetime opportunity to work for a large successful retail business with great growth potential. Application for the above post must reach at following address by 2214 December 2014.
Office of the Senior General Manager (HR&A) Utility Stores Corporation (Head Office), Plot No. 2039. Sector F-71G•7, Jinnah Avenue Blue Area. Islamabad Ph:051-9245039-83 PID (I) 2703/14