Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Merck is a leading multinational pharmaceutical, chemical and life science company with a history that began in 1668 and a future shaped by more than 40,000 employees in 67 countries. Merck Serono is the biopharmaceutical division of Merck with headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. The division offers its leading brands in around 150 countries and focuses on highly specialized therapeutic areas worldwide such as multiple sclerosis, oncology, fertility, and endocrinology. With its strong presence in the Pharmaceutical and Chemical businesses, Merck has operated successfully in Pakistan as a fully owned multinational company, completing its 50 years.
– To establish high engineering management standards, keeping pace with the latest maintenance management systems, continuously upgrading, and implementing related changes best suited to the company.
– Prepare plans and budget to fulfill long-term sales requirements with respect to Power, HVAC and Utility, and Production equipment.
– Guide and oversee activities of maintenance management team regarding continuous improvement and optimization of machines. Create and implement programs for continuous reduction in energy and water consumption. Ensure the efficiencies of maintenance including preventive maintenance activities.
– Implement EHS policy and ensure all SOPs implementation throughout the company.
– Create and maintain safe and healthful working conditions in the company to ensure compliance with the EHS legislation and with the company’s policies and procedures.
– Continuously train and upgrade employees regarding EHS activities.
– Create and implement accident prevention programs.
– Prepare and submit timely reports regarding EHS as per requirement. Conduct internal EHS audits to indicate areas for improvement.
Candidate should have 10 years of experience in Engineering & EHS function in a similar industry. Candidates should possess a Graduate/Post Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized local or foreign university.
The above-mentioned position offer lucrative salary packages and other fringe benefits. Position will be based in Karachi.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their updated resume at Merck (Pvt) Ltd., D-7, Shaheed-e-Millat Road, Karachi-75350 by 22nd April 2013, addressing to Manager Recruitment & Compensation. Please mention on the envelope for the position applied.