Get Latest Jobs Via Email
McKinsey & Company Karachi Jobs Senior Research Analyst: We are currently looking for a Senior Research Analyst to help in the development of local capabilities and coach a team of knowledge analysts who will provide research and consulting support to project teams. The position will be based in Karachi (Pakistan).
The Senior Research Analyst will work closely with local leadership and the Firm’s Research and Analytics Department. He/she will assume full responsibility of the daily functioning of a team of 3-5 junior Knowledge Analysts (e.g., workflow management, quality control of their deliverable and coaching), and should be able to play an independent researcher role.
He/she will be the natural to-go-to person for the local leadership, being the decision maker for daily activities.
The SRA (Senior Research Analyst) will focus his/her attention on:
- Client & knowledge service support and on administrative tasks
- Work as an independent researcher
- Define strategic priorities for the team in collaboration with local leaders and Firm
- Lead and coordinate professional development processes for the team (recruiting, training, staffing, evaluation)
- Serve as thought partner with deep content expertise; support CSTs with client-credible insights and synthesized end products.
- Manage direct content/resource operations of the unit including monitoring the budget and managing relationships with external vendors, including negotiating contracts
- Manage daily workflow of a team of at least 3-5 junior analysts including staffing on locally based projects
- Monitor quality and coach junior colleagues on analysis and end products
- Help in managing operations of relevant administrative functions if required
- Identify gaps and lead initiatives to improve unit performance
- Contribute to office and Firm initiatives as appropriate
- Collaborate with colleagues in other cells to ensure seamless delivery of service
- Demonstrated strategic mindset, entrepreneurship and strong, hands-on research and project management skills
- Superior people development and leadership skills
- Strong problem- solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong skills in conducting business or academic research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and local languages
Background and Experience:
The candidate should have a university degree from a respected institution; an advanced degree (e.g., MBA) is a plus, preferably in business or economics
- Possess 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally in the global business information marketplace
- Possess superior knowledge of primary and secondary research sources and techniques; a solid grasp of local and regional industry/functional knowledge
McKinsey & Company Karachi Jobs Senior Research Analyst