Get Latest Jobs Via Email
McKinsey & Company is a management consulting firm that helps leading corporations and organizations make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance. McKinsey’s Public Sector Practice provides management consulting services to governments at the federal, state, and local levels.
Detailed Description: McKinsey is looking for an experienced external contractor to act as communication and outreach officer to work in collaboration with the Government and large donor organisations to improve the skills sector in Pakistan, including the capacity and quality of the system.
The broad objective of the programme is to take Punjab Skills Development Fund to the next level of specialisation and development by scaling up its systems and capacity. The programme will also aim to support Government of Punjab in delivering the policy, regulatory and institutional reforms.
Role description: The Communication and Outreach Officer will be a key member of the Pakistan technical team and will be responsible for the implementation of the programme’s communication and outreach strategy in the region.
- Oversee and coordinate communications and outreach activities for the in order to raise awareness of the programme across a wide range of stakeholders and audiences, and promote the participation and engagement in the programme by private sector actors and potential trainees
- Create awareness about the fund and different types of skills
- Manage the implementation of the communications and outreach strategy
- Set up and maintain all e-communication and social media, e.g., moderating blogs and on-line forums, webinars, newsletters etc., relevant to the programme in the region
- Organise and participate in events to highlight the programme and market opportunities
- Participate in relevant management meetings in relation to communication, knowledge management and/or grants management
- Post-graduate qualifications preferable in communications or a related field
- 3 years’ experience in similar work, including experience managing a communications team
- Experience with DFID-funded or other large international development programmes would be an advantage
- Previous experience in communications and outreach in skills development
- Demonstrated ability to unpack and communicate complex concepts simply with a range of stakeholders in multi-cultural settings
- Demonstrated experience in program and event management
- Ability to facilitate e-communication and web-based technologies for professional purposes
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with document management, content management and web based design would be an advantage
- Highly effective communication and high level of proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of local language(s) is a strong plus
We will only contact eligible candidates for interview. No phone calls please. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.Apply
McKinsey & Company