Get Latest Jobs Via Email
McKinsey & Company is a management consulting firm that helps leading corporations and organizations make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance. McKinsey’s Public Sector Practice provides management consulting services to governments at the federal, state, and local levels.
Detailed Description: McKinsey is looking for a Project Manager for an anticipated programme on Building Disaster Resilience in Pakistan. The broad objective of the programme is to prepare communities and households in up to 9000 villages to be better prepared for emergencies. This will be done through introducing practical community-based disaster risk management measures in the most at-risk districts of Pakistan. The programme is also designed to host a Fund that will support disaster preparedness interventions in the communities. The programme is anticipated to run for five years.
The Project Manager will oversee the design and implementation of the programme on a day-to-day basis. The Project Manager will report directly to the Team Leader. The position is based in Pakistan.
The responsibilities of the Project Manager will include:
- Assist in programme and project team set up
- Take ownership of the design and implementation of the programme
- Manage the project team
- Develop a detailed work plan for activities to be completed over a multi-year time frame
- Oversee day to day operations of the project teams against the work plan
- Troubleshoot barriers to achieving desired results as needed
- Report progress regularly against the work plan
- Laisse with other internal and external project partners as needed
- University degree in social sciences, politics, disaster risk management, development studies, environmental management and conservation or other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar project management position in the development space
- Proven track record of working with big international development agencies (for example, DFID, USAID or World Bank) and mobilization of public-private partnerships
- Excellent managerial abilities; experience managing complex client and team environments
- Demonstrates experience in managing budgets and human resources under shifting conditions, including leading of large and complex teams of local and international staff
- Clear understanding of tools and methods required for assessing community needs and disaster risk assessments, social mobilization, inclusion, planning, implementation and M&E for large scale interventions
- Strong understanding of the hazards, vulnerabilities and disaster risks in Pakistan
- Demonstrates experience of undertaking high-risk projects considered environmentally and socially sensitive
- Record of substantial engagement with government at the national/provincial/local level
- Extensive knowledge and experience in strategy development, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation of large and complex projects
- Excellent communication skills in English and Urdu Apply Now