Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Maersk is seeking for hard working, self motivated, professionals, determined, dynamic and well disciplined staff for different vacant positions such as following.Kindly read carefully and apply in appropriate vacancies accordingly.
- Account Manager – External Sales
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterised by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognised and well-rewarded.
• Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with the corporate and regional objectives within the Direct Sales Channel by regularly maintaining direct contact with customer.
• Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
• Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
• Establish internal network locally and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
• Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
• Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
• Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
• Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g. analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
• Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools ( and others) are updated on time and with high-quality data.
Who we are looking for
You should possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
You should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you should have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 3 years industry or equivalent sales experience. A Master’s degree will be preferred. You should be highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as .