Get Latest Jobs Via Email
The Lead Mechanic is appointed to act in a leadership capacity at his/her site. The individual is the primary point of contact at the site for the Government, Headquarters, Regional Manager and Site personnel.
The Lead Mechanic reports directly to the Regional Manager or Site Manager assigned to Madison, MS or based at a field location.
Reference must be made to the “Aircraft Mechanic” Job Description. The Lead Mechanic must meet the specifications, duties and knowledge of an Aircraft Mechanic as well as those listed below.
Troubleshoots, repairs and services aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions,
and FAA regulations. Maintains FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms. Requires an airframe and power license.
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to being capable of accomplishing the duties required of an “Aircraft Mechanic,” the individual shall also perform the following:
· Schedule, direct and monitor site operations, site personnel and work efforts.
· Ensure inventory spares and materials to include receiving, usage, reporting, shipping, transfer, scrap and replenishment are handled using established company procedures.
· Ensure timely submission of required reports and documents to Program Management and the Government.
· Ensure that the site assigned company and Government owned/operated/possessed items are maintained.
· Ensure required entries are made in the aircraft logbooks, configuration records, site records and Management Information System (MIS).
· Ensure compliance with quality and safety procedures/operations at the site level.
· Prepare performance evaluations on employees.
· Serve as the point of contact (POC) with the On-Site Government Representative.
· Administer the site operating fund.
· Ensure company rules, regulations and policies are enforced, and initiate actions to correct infractions.
· Advise the Regional Manager/Site Manager promptly of unresolved or developing problem areas.
· Ensure L-3 Vertex ethics polices and standards are being adhered.
Key Performance Indicators
Amongst other basis, the performance KPI shall be linked to the Capabilities Program Manager’s achievement of obligations and company requirements. It shall cover amongst others the following areas: Successful programs/projects delivery in terms of scope, schedule, cost, quality, etc.
Additional KPIs shall be developed by the Capabilities Program Manager, Senior Lead Engineer and/or PMO management, subject to the requirements of the PMO and the business as a whole.
· Must have a minimum of seven (7) years recent hands on powerplant and airframe experience.
· A & P Mechanic with 5 years Aircraft Experience
· Must have a minimum of three (3) years of King Air/C-12 hands-on experience.
· Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
· Must qualify for and obtain a DOD “Secret” security clearance and Passport (if requested) to support contractual obligations.
Knowledge and skills
· Strong leadership skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong attention to details and follow-through skills
· Able to make presentations at higher level
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent decision-making skills
Position Competencies Required
Some Computer (MS office programs)
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required.
L-3 Vertex is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Apply