Jotun Jobs Laboratory Manager: Jotun has been present in the Middle East since 1962 and has expanded to include 15 companies across the Middle East, India and Africa region. Throughout our history, we have focused on providing our employees with learning and development opportunities and offering them meaningful and challenging work, guided by our four values of Care, Loyalty, Respect and Boldness. Our employees tell us that we are on the right track.
Our latest regional survey conducted by Hay Group showed that a vast majority of our workforce is highly engaged and views Jotun as an exceptionally favorable company to work for. We have scored significantly higher than the regional benchmark and at par with high performing global companies. Jotun Pakistan has developed its business organically with the focus to serve segments of Decorative Coatings, Powder Coatings and Protective Coatings by having two production facilities in Lahore with more than 150 employees working across Pakistan. We are currently looking for an individual to take the position of Laboratory Manager. This position would be responsible for managing (Jotun Powder Coatings and Jotun Decorative Coatings) process engineering, quality control and lab functions by leading the department and liaising with sales, production and supply chain to ensure that the goals for product quality and customer satisfaction are met. This position reports directly to Operations Manager and is based in Lahore.
- Manage Laboratory to meet objectives of product quality, adherence to procedures and effective operations.
- Develop or modify products according to customer requirements and approve formulations for manufacturing process
- Co-ordinate and support Sales & Marketing department for technical information and understanding customer demands.
- Ensure efficiency and quality control standards in laboratory through clear task delegation and follow –up.
- Implement Quality Control systems by reviewing and updating operation procedures.
- Follow up with Jotun Corporate and Regional Labs for specific tasks related to raw materials, new product developments, quality control, purchase of lab equipment, R&D matters and process engineering issues.
- Prepare budget for up gradation of lab facility.
- Ensure high level of communication within Lab and other departments to facilitate every inquiry.
- College / University, Master’s degree
- Develops an ambitious but realistic business vision and translates it into a workable strategy
- Makes an impact; convinces and persuades others; promotes plans and ideas successfully
- Provides team with a clear sense of direction, inspires and coordinates others and keeps them focused on objectives
- Develops people through delegation, empowerment and coaching; promotes career and self development
- Uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- 8-10 years of experience in quality management of coatings
- Proven experience and ability to manage people, processes, and technology.
- In depth understanding of coatings, the quality control requirements, standards and specifications
- Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development, both through on-the-job training and Jotun Academy.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
- A continuous focus on reinventing and innovating high quality products.
- An international Corporate Culture founded on our four values; Care, Respect, Loyalty and Boldness.
- Insurance schemes
- Relocation and Global mobility support
- Full time Apply