Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Hipcricket Management believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Drive for elegant simplicity, seamless solutions and security
- Work with business partners to understand client needs to leverage the data assets
- Evaluate, define and assist in the selection of technology platforms, partners and solutions.
- Design, implement and manage large-scale, high-volume relational database systems.
- Design, implement and manage high transaction services employing big data solutions.
- Design, implement and develop ETL integration processes between operational systems and enterprise data warehouse.
- Data Modeling – logical and physical design in a both OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Architect technical solutions to solve complex business problems
- Ensure data quality through development and testing best practices.
- Design reporting platform to support both internal and external customers.
- Lead Team and sprint planning from a design perspective.
- Participate in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Facilitate a collaborative work environment with DBA’s, Software Engineers, Business Analysts,
- Subject Matter Experts and Project Managers to achieve software solutions.
- Work closely with the platform development team and product management team on design of pipeline functionality and deployments.
- Ensure a well-tested and high quality product is delivered.
- On Call rotation (for database developer position only).
- Participate on critical projects by providing development lead and developer duties.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- BA/BS degree in Data Administration or Information Technology.
- Experience with messaging, marketing and advertising solutions
- Demonstrable experience performing data analysis and database design on enterprise DBMS, MS SQL, OLTP, MS SSAS, MS SSIS.
- Significant experience in enterprise data modeling.
- Architecting and deployment of Big Data technologies (eg EMR, Redshift, Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Kinesis, Mongo etc…)
- Significant experience working with cloud technologies (AWS or similar)
- Expertise in relational databases design.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with ETL tools, data cleansing tools, customized web reporting.
- Experience with job management solutions.
- Experience through the entire development cycle to ship software a must.
- Proven ability to lead a team
COMPETENCIES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to facilitate clarification of customer requirements as well as systems/software architecture and design.
- Able to question and listen for the purpose of gaining understanding
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
- Sufficient ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to organize and manage both information and time effectively
- Collaborative and humble