Get Latest Jobs Via Email
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and flexible service engineer professional with a great attention to detail, and an interest in our business to help us forge a platform for the ever evolving mobile world. This position requires advanced knowledge of Linux and will perform management and operations of the VMware-based environment. As a Service Engineer you will be responsible to provide support, to the deployed systems, administration services, virtual machine services, directory services, virtual management services, and database services (in coordination with other operational entities). You will also work as a member of the production operations team that is responsible for 24×7 availability of the production environment.
- Participate in on-call rotation, responsible for 24×7 system operation.
- Provide technical guidance and systems planning by engaging deep architecture and design discussions with primary focus around availability, supportability, scalability, security and performance.
- Work hand-in-hand with the development team in supporting releases, clients and production support
- Coordinate and resolve complex systems issues and processes.
- Create the design, implementation and maintenance procedures required for supported sites and services.
- Lead effective production deployment discussions targeting minimal to NO client/customer impact.
- Proactively handle troubleshooting and resolution of site & services issues and software problems that may affect operations.
- Broad communication around incidents and outages with a follow-up root cause analysis.
- Provide analytical guidance to team members and share information with service engineers by documenting complex operational procedures.
- Capacity planning based on projections from program management and actual as-is load on sites & services.
- Communication channel for test, development, program management and release management back to operations team members.
- 4+ years’ experience building secure, scalable, stable and manageable Internet systems with Cloud Services (software as a Service, Cloud Platforms)
- 4+ years of performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and problem management experience for client/server architectures
- Advanced Knowledge of Linux. Mac, is a must
- Experience in VMware, LAN/WAN, and LDAP is a must
- Proficiency with at least one scripting/programming languages (e.g. PowerShell, VBScript, PHP, Perl, Bash)
- Implement network-monitoring software and manage daily issues
- Experience in building out Automated Deployments and Configuration Management Systems (Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, and/or other configuration management tools)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Passion for building extremely scalable, high performing and manageable internet systems.
- Experience in performance monitoring, troubleshooting and site management for client/server architectures.
- Ability to lead architectural & design discussions targeting high availability, scalability and performance.
- Working knowledge of various monitoring technologies.
- Passion for engineering solutions towards no-downtime deployments.
- Excellent written and oral communication, project management skills required.
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision making skills also required.
- Maintains strong attention to detail in high pressure situations
- Ability to accurately estimate work effort for a project, contribute to the development of timelines and manage work to meet project schedule
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks with multiple deadlines
- Accountable with a positive attitude that works well with others
- Proven record of completing projects on time and to specification
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, systems thinker, results driven, self-motivated, team skills, ability to work independently.
- Win32 (Server and Desktop) Operating Systems and Applications are nice to have.
- Crytographic Protocols (must include TLS) is nice to have
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related technical discipline is preferred