Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Our Area Finance team provides the financial management and oversight for our Asia/Pacific area’s assets and resources in 20+ countries throughout the region. As a member of our Regional Finance team, you’ll provide direct support to Habitat’s country programs, playing a key role in their ability to serve more households. This includes working with the Grants Manager to assist the Programs and/or Resource Development department in the development and design of grant proposals. You’ll also partner with the Internal Controls Manager to provide valuable feedback which will help support and develop our local programs, and coordinate with key departments to ensure the financial and statistical reports reflect the most accurate and reliable information possible. You consider yourself an analytical individual, capable of taking complex issues and working through the various elements to provide sound advice to management on the strategic planning, development of the area, and implementations of the various programs throughout Asia/Pacific.
As an added ‘plus’ to the role, you’ll enjoy travelling to new and exciting places while meeting people from all walks of life. You will utilize your passion and intricate understanding of nonprofit finance to further the amazing work in the Asia/Pacific area. As a member of this team, you’ll interact with individuals at all levels throughout the organization, whether it is the CEO or CFO from a National Organization or a member of a partner organization. Additionally, you are responsible for managing staff that provides the financial support with the National Programs, including financial analysis and monitoring.
*You will work out of our Asia-Pacific regional office which is located in Manila, Philippines.
- Financial analysis and monitoring, including analysis of standard financial documents
- Provide overall guidance on development and enhancement on a broad range of financial documents and statements
- Work closely with Grant Managers and Internal Contral Managers to strengthen capacity of each function in the country program
- Introduce grant management and financial management tools to facilitate increasingly effective and efficient financial processes
- Promote Sustainability / New Business Models in conjunction with the Programs Associate Director
- Provide excellent customer service to country programs including timely support and fulfillment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree; Major in either Finance or Accounting strongly preferred
- 5+ years relatable financial experience with at least 3 years prior experience managing financial processes
- Strong knowledge and understanding of core financial documents (i.e. financial statements, balance sheets, etc.)
- Ability to provide financial guidance and recommendations around financial statemenst in addition to financial advice on broader financial issues
- Prior experience working at the regional level within a large organization preferred
- Proven ability to communicate fully (written and spoken) in English