Get Latest Jobs Via Email
What to Expect as a C++ Chief Software Architect at GFI
At GFI you will play a dynamic leadership role in our fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for developing solutions to complex architectural problems, designing and delivering real enterprise-class business software products to customers and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources. As the owner for the architecture and technical delivery of a multi-million dollar revenue per year business software product, you will effectively work as the CTO of the engagement with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer on the most complex elements of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product.
GFI provides security and networking software for small and medium businesses. At GFI, we are centered on customer success. We pride ourselves on providing the security our customers need for success in their day-to-day operations. GFI team members are set apart by our shared passion for using software technologies to ensure our customers’ maximum success and satisfaction.
The Type of C++ Chief Software Architects We’re Looking For
GFI values a culture of excellence. We need a technical genius who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and in solving complex problems for customers with high expectations. The position is only a great fit for someone who takes a truly hands-on approach to product development, design and engineering. You will need to deliver extensively superior productivity (10x), owning responsibility for team goals, and embodying the engineering organization’s core values and strategic imperatives.
This is a great opportunity to secure a high impact technical lead role in an expanding global software company that is growing both organically and through acquisition. The opportunity for exposure to new challenges is immense, as the acquisition of several new products and customer bases every year creates extremely interesting learning opportunities for motivated professionals who strive to create value in their work and to personally grow.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing expertise in one or more of our proprietary business software products
- Leveraging your broad technology capability set and maintain a level of excitement in using various technologies to architect, develop, and iteratively release real enterprise class business software
- Achieving an expert level understanding of our products, customers’ environments and their use of our products
- Architecting and leading technical delivery of one or more products in a way that maintains an unyielding focus on quality while matching the needs of the target customer base
- Creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customers’ enterprise/global requirements
- Leading a small team of Software Engineers to apply software engineering practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery
- Manage accountability of team members, with pinpoint focus on quality; Personally accountable for resolution of the most technically challenging issues
- Ensuring our customers are supremely confident in the advantages and quality of our product and solution, and the technical services you lead to deliver them.
Desired Skills and Experience
A successful Chief Software Architect at GFI will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- At least 8 years of experience in hands-on C++ programming in Windows environments
- Extensive experience in network and driver programming on Windows, and Windows debugging
- Advanced knowledge of networking, including familiarity with RFCs, network protocols such as IP, TCP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, LDAP and others, internet web servers, mail servers, and other network related technologies
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft servers and technologies – including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft ISA/TMG Server, and Microsoft SQL Server
- Highly proficient in TDD, SOA, EDA, relational DBs (MSSQL, Firebird, SQLite) and design patterns
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; No task is “below you”, including testing your own work, and writing and debugging unit and integration tests
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world.
At GFI, you’ll earn extremely competitive wages while enjoying the flexibility of working from virtually anywhere on the face of the earth:
- Salary: 50 USD/hr
- Position type: Full time (40 hours per week)
- Location: Global
Ready to join? Start the process now by applying through our application link. If you meet the qualifications, we will proceed with a series of tests and interviews. GFI is eager to see what you have to offer our cutting edge global workforce. Apply