Get Latest Jobs Via Email
The NOC Manager primary role is the management of the network operations and ensuring the delivery of the contracted Managed Services contract towards customer as per committed SLA and KPIs.
The NOC Manager is the main interface towards the Customer Management for the Operation and Maintenance of the Customer Network, and be responsible for achieving the assigned business performance goals of the contracted Managed Services within the scope of work delegated by MS COO.
The main responsibilities are the following:
- Manage the Back Office, Front Office and the Operations Support departments with the main focus over achieving, sustaining and further improving the agreed KPIs with the customer as outlined in the Managed Services contract. The 24/7 network surveillance is required under Front Office.
- Review and take actions on all the network changes under Change Control guidelines and interact with the Change Control Board (CCB) being the prime stakeholder for major activities review and approval.
- Ensure that all the relevant WLAs are available & updated regularly with different interacting departments within Ericsson and the Customer. The processes/SOP are in place as per MSTOP guidelines.
- Ensure the network availability and the quick restoration in the event of system outage as per agreed MTTR KPIs with the customer.
- Act on relevant problems and to decide on what operational procedures and routines that shall be invoked to ensure that quality problems are corrected according to prevailing requirements.
- Ensure the well being of all staff in terms of their working environment.
- Improvements within the operations and to take full responsibility for the managed network and its organization, processes and methods that may have effect on the service supply quality vs. contracted scope of work for the service supply.
- Specify the improvement proposals for operative performance and operational excellence and to escalate to Ericsson Management, Customer Management as well as to Support units / supplier partners so that contractual as well as operative performance may be maintained at specified level.
- Ensure that the NOC organization is adequately staffed and that key positions are delegated to personnel with adequate training and skills to perform the task to ensure that these are according to the service delivery requirements. For that he/she should have the complete understanding and maintain close coordination with the different PAs.
- Recognize the training requirement for the staff and do mentoring & coaching where required.
- Perform the Technical Resource Planning (TRP) for the NOC, assist Director Operations in preparing the MS budget and drive cost effectiveness within the organization.
- Ensure that Ericsson & the Customer management receive service performance reports and / or other reports applicable to the service delivery as outlined in the Managed Services contract roles & responsibility area.
- Attend the managements meetings within Ericsson and the Customer about NOC activities and act swiftly over the action points and the concerns raised by the customer either over services rendered or the vendor supplied and installed product.
- Provide the Director Operations with reports of NOC performance as per agreed schedule and ensure that the network performance reports are generated as desired pattern and delivered in time.
- Strong follow-up with the Support organization of Ericsson and Huawei regarding the CSRs marked critical and crossing the designated timelines as per Support SLA
- Achieve customer satisfaction within network performance and implement quality procedures while ensuring the processes are aligned towards achieving committed SLA and KPIs.
- Field Maintenance (FOPS) Team
- Network Performance & Optimisation (NPO)
- Customer’s Engineering, IT, Customer Support & Revenue Assurance
- Customer’s Network Quality & Operations
- Managed Services Line Managers in Service Delivery organisation
- Ericsson NDI, Core Solutions & MMS&I
Required Competence Level
- Excellent knowledge of the following:
- Management & leadership in Telecom networks
- Communications and reporting
- Understanding of the Strategic Guidelines Managed Services Telecom Operations Practice (MS TOP) – Processes & Procedures
Knowledge / awareness of the following:
- MS TOP work processes, tools and competence requirements
- Support Systems and tools for Configuration management, Fault Management (ITU TE 800 Dependability) & Performance Management (ITU TE 800 Traffic ability & Severability)
- Service network layer functionality (Circuit Switching, Packet Switching)
- Resource layer (Access network, Core network control, Core network transport, Service
Required Education, Experience & Soft skill
- Have a University education on B.Sc level within Telecommunication, Information Technology and Electronics or similar.
- 3-5 years experience in a Senior Management position
- Result oriented with good skills in leading and motivating people and conscious of responsibility.
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands.
- A thorough and methodical approach to work.
- Highly developed skills in Interpersonal communication
- Highly developed skills in knowledge sharing by actively contributing knowledge, experiences and skills to create a learning culture.
- Performance driven
- Highly developed Ericsson Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge and skills in Ericsson Business processes
Primary country and city: Pakistan (PK) || Punjab || Lahore || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log