Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Emirates: Operating a world-class business, having an aspiration to be the best and enjoying a solid benchmark in its operations at Dubai International Airport has enabled dnata’s ground handling and catering businesses to expand internationally. dnata is one of the largest air services provider in the world with over 23,000 employees across five continents. The airlines we serve demand the best in efficiency, safety and service excellence. That’s exactly what we deliver. Our services on the ground keep the world’s airlines in the skies.
That international expansion began back in 1993 with the formation of a joint venture company in Pakistan called Gerry’s dnata. This partnership provides comprehensive ground handling services at seven locations in Pakistan (including Karachi, Islamabad, Peshawar and Lahore) and has an excellent reputation for reliable, high quality and cost effective services that cover passenger, ramp, baggage and cargo handling.
Reporting to the General Manager Gerrys dnata, he is responsible for the effective monitoring and control of all operational day to day activities. Through prescribed guidelines and procedures established by management accomplishes the highest standard of safety, customer services efficiency & punctuality.
- Ensures each department is prepared to achieve on time performance by effective coordination of activities through the functional Duty Managers / Duty officers in each area.
- Continually monitors operating procedures and recommends potential areas of improvement to Manager Flight & Airport Operations (MFAO).
- Appraises major incidents on shift for any necessary action.
- Inspects operational sections to ensure company standards and discipline are being maintained by Duty Managers / Duty Officers and Line Supervision and reports deviations to MFAO for action.
- Maintains close monitoring of operational matters of all stations relating to the efficient ground handling of customer airlines through usual communication channels.
- Liaises with Duty Managers / Duty Officers to ensure that safe working practices and procedures are fully adhered to and taken corrective actions where necessary.
- Monitors and coordinates all section activities to ensure ground handling commitments are met and optimum aircraft turned around times are achieved in-line with customer requirements.
- Controlling and monitoring all activities in traffic baggage services and ramp operations and Cargo Operations.
- Close liaisons with all departments to run smooth operations.
- Ensure proper disbursement of manpower in the respective section.
- Administration control in traffic, baggage services, ramp operations all sections coordinating with H.R.
- Maintain close and constant liaison with related agencies and third party.
- Ensure efficient management of Training Program and maintain high quality of training.
- Maintain high standard of discipline in all sections.
- Act as representative for ISO 9001: 2008 & 14001:2004 implementations and attend all management meetings.
- Attend Airline Operators Committee (AOC) as and when directed by functional head.
- Carries out any other duties and responsibilities assigned by Higher Management.
Qualifications & Experience
- University Graduate or equivalent from recognized and reputable institution /university.
- 10-15 years’ experience in related field.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the similar capacity or administration.
- Fluency in both written & spoken English are essential.
- Professional field related courses.
- Must possess excellent people management skills with highly effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Apart from leadership and cooperative qualities, must possess every administrative quality for uplifting the standard of the company .
Salary and Benefits
We offer an attractive salary, commensurate to the local market. This position is based in Karachi, Pakistan.
Job Category: Airport Operations
Primary Location: Pakistan-Karachi
Please submit your application before 27-Oct-15, 11:59:00 PM GMT+4hours