Get Latest Jobs Via Email
The person we seek will have excellent agronomic skills, business acumen, communication skills and a passion to grow sugarcane. Reporting directly to the Head of Farms, he will be responsible for all farming operations including key establishment, operational and maintenance aspects of the farms.
The candidate must have following skills
1. Hold a Masters Degree in Agronomy / Agriculture
2. Sound agronomic skills with proven 10-15 years expertise in the development of sugarcane crop.
3. A Thorough understanding of farming systems in the Indian subcontinent.
4. Capable of enhancing yields and sucrose contents.
5. Comfortable with budgeting, performance measurement and financial reporting.
6. Capable of making sound management decisions in complex and thanging scenarios.
7. Good understanding of cane varieties, soil science, plant nutrient and fertilizers, pest and weed control, and irrigation systems.
• Managing and training the farm staff as a Team Leader
• Managing and maintaining farm machinery
• Crop management
• Ensuring and increasing ongoing profitability
• Creating budgets and forecasts
• Train his replacement in 5 years time
This is a unique and rare opportunity for the right person to join a corporate group. A handsome package including attractive entitlements awaits the successful candidate.