Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Are you one of the top Software Architects in the world? Were you an early adopter of cloud infrastructure and AWS? Do enjoy solving the incredibly complex problems that no one else has been able to complete? Do you love to automate everything that needs to be done more than once? Are you 10x more productive than the typical developer? Are you interested in earning $150,000 USD while being able to work from any location that is comfortable to you? Eager to join a development network of the most talented remote workers in the world? If so, this role is for you. At DevFactory, you’ll earn the most competitive wages on the market, collaborate with the most skilled teams in your field, and work for the most elite companies in the world. Sound too good to be true? Take a closer look…
Job Description: At DevFactory you will play a critical role in designing and executing cloud-based architectures. This can range from fresh design/build work in cloud-based environments like AWS and GCE, or adapting large existing infrastructures to an AWS deployment model. You will be responsible for developing solutions to complex architectural problems, designing and delivering real enterprise-class software products to customers and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources. As the owner for the architecture and technical delivery of multi-million dollar revenue per year enterprise software products, you will effectively work as the CTO of the engagement with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer on the most complex elements of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product.
Just as an example, one project includes migrating a large, scaleable infrastructure consuming over 1,500 machines globally and storing over 5 petabytes of information into AWS. This role would include architecture changes, phased project planning, and ultimately execution of the migration into the AWS cloud. Wow, great real-world project right?
Total compensation: $75/hour
Location: Global (remote)
40 hours per week
- Developing product expertise in a short time frame for the product/industry. We call this “becoming an expert”
- Architecting new systems or adapting existing systems to run best in a cloud-based architectural environment (proper use of VMs, proper assumptions about VM failures, queue-based architectures, services-oriented architectures, etc)
- Owning the execution and implementation of migration strategies (this will include deployment/provisioning using DevOps tools, data migration, testing, cutover/failover of systems, configuration of monitoring and other production management systems)
- Leading small teams of Software Engineers through the technical delivery process (performing requirements reviews, architectural reviews, and code reviews)
- Manage accountability of team members, with pinpoint focus on quality; Personally accountable for resolution of the most technically challenging issues
Desired Skills and Experience
Required experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services. In particular infrastructure services like AWS Elastic Beanstalk & CloudFormation
- Expertise in DevOps tools like Puppet or Chef
- At least 8 years of experience in senior hands-on Java programming
- Proficient in modern architecture stacks, SOA, relational DBs, stateless API, etc
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
The Culture Fit we Look for
DevFactory values a culture of excellence. We need technical geniuses who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and in solving complex problems for customers with high expectations. The position is only a great fit for someone who takes a truly hands-on approach to product development, design and engineering. It’s a great opportunity to secure a high impact technical lead role in an expanding global software company that is growing both organically and through acquisition. The opportunity for exposure to new challenges is immense, as the acquisition of several new products and customer bases every year creates extremely interesting learning opportunities for motivated professionals who strive to create value in their work and to personally grow.
We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time – so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
Are you up for the challenge? Apply