Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Damco Jobs February 2016 : Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group
• The incumbent has to also develop and implement the procurement plan, focus on the Airlines strategy
• In addition to above this role will also demand day to day Procurement.
• Measure and drive Air Freight targets, budgets and Product KPIs.
• Driving Product growth with commercial team in Pakistan to help close the potential business
• Product Governance & Subject Matter Expert for Air Freight in Pakistan
• Identify , Formulate and drive focused trade lanes for Pakistan in discussion with TLMs & Pakistan Air Freight Head
• Develop Procurement initiative, Focus Airlines strategy. Minimize achieved cost in all targeted trade lanes through better procurement thereby improving profitability.
• Supporting Pricing/Tender Management team to ensure timely & effective Air freight pricing for large & medium size customers
• Contribute actively to build a strong Airfreight competencies in Pakistan
• Execute Air freight Product “ training program” for Commercial & concern individuals to develop air freight talent within organization
• Managing Profit Share discussion for Pakistan
• Gather Market intelligence & Competition information
• Develop Procurement initiative , Supplier strategy
• Develop and maintain supplier’s service profile mapping, and maintain network matrix.
• Establish Supplier selection criteria in accordance to responsible procurement
• Consolidate suppliers across the region & create pool of approved vendors
• Follow Structured procurement process to allocate business to the vendors
• Establish Suppliers measurement criteria & analyze suppliers performance periodically
• Continuous vendor development to introduce new and capable vendors in place of non-performing vendors
• Support SAA procurement / CEN initiatives
• Manage risks through standard contract terms
• Handle escalations on commercial & service issues.
• Ensure penetration of procurement to all offices within the region.
• Meet key customers in the region to keep a close tab on business.
• Conduct and participate in MBRs.
• Ensuring RFQ/RFPs are received and attended on time and support RFQ teams for successful closure
• Possessing Bachelors/Masters or equivalent degree in business.
• 3 – 5 years of Air / Forwarding experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other relevant technical software.
• The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment. Apply
We Offer We offer an excellent professional work environment where you’re valued as part of our team. Great learning and career growth oppurtunites being a global logistics and freight forwarding company.
Damco Jobs February 2016