Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Acorn Systemsis partnering with Crossover to recruit three Senior ETL Consultants. Crossover specializes in connecting companies with the best talent in the world. Please see the Job Description below.
The Acorn Systems technical consulting team has a need for an experienced senior technical team member who will serve in an ETL consulting role. As part of a team, you will be designing, documenting, developing, and testing data interfaces around a major application.
The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, especially as it relates to interacting with and working with other technical professionals. This will include working with customer team members and Acorn technical staff.
The candidate must accept accountability for achieving agreed upon goals. In doing so, the candidate must proactively propose an approach to achieve each goal, seek feedback on the approach, identify the resulting tasks, estimate the related work, and execute the related tasks in a timely fashion.
- Data Integration Developer: As part of a team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing and maintained the systems, processes and logic required to extract, transform, validate, and populate data across one or more data sources for systems with moderate complexity.
- Understand the technical, business and data requirements for the assigned data integration flows. You will use these requirements to create the data mappings, transformation, and validations as well as unit tests, and system tests.
- Efficiently interact with customers to diagnose and fix reported problems with data integration flows.
- Work under the guidance of a data architect or others to understand the source and target data systems as necessary to create efficient and reliable data flows.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of strong experience in ETL development using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- 5+ years of strong experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
- 5+ years of strong experience writing SQL queries.
- 2+ years of strong experience using a data modeling tool.
- Ability to deliver complex SSIS transformations and mappings.
- Understanding of data gathering and analysis.
- Knowledge of the Software/System Development Life Cycle.
- Experience working with test plans and test cases.
- Experience automating tasks in Windows (e.g. writing scripts).
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with end user customer support in a Windows Server based environment.
- Experience with multiple database systems (e.g. Oracle, DB2).
- Experience with ERWin data modeling.
- Ability to create and maintain Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes.
- Interest and experience in working with business support systems, especially those used to manage the financial operations of a company.