Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Applications are invited to fill the following vacant post of Pakistan Chair abroad:
(1). Allama lqbal Fellowship,University of Cambridge, U.K.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Ph. D degree in Pakistan Studies, International Relations, Political Science or History OR any other subject of Social Sciences with at least five (05) years teaching OR research experience in a recognized university/centre/research organization and at least eight (08) research publications in journals of international repute.
• Persons upto 50 years will be eligible. Age relaxation upto 55 years as admissible under the rules could be allowed.
• Good command on the language in which the subject is to be taught.
• Preference will be given to candidates having command on the language of the country of posting, and familiarity with the culture, institutions and people of the host country.
• Capability and competence to project the language, history and culture of Pakistan in the host country. Research leading to quality publications during the tenure abroad is desirable.
• Proficiency in computer skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The tenure of appointment will initially be for two years which is exteridable on yearly basis for further three years subject to satisfactory performance and in consultation with the host university. In exceptional cases, Government can recall the scholar back to Pakistan before the expiry of the stipulated period of tenure.
• The Pay package includes foreign posting allowance, return air passage for self & family, expenses for transportation of personal effects and free furnished accommodation as per entitlement.
The Cabinet Division reserves the right to relax the age upto 55 years as per rules and any condition in case of an exceptionally qualified candidate and short-listing by the Section Board constituted for this purpose.
Government servants should route their applications through proper channel.
Detail are available on Cabinet Division’s website www.cabinet.gov.pk. Applications alongwith attested copies of degrees/certificates must reach the undersigned within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
Capt (Retd) Fazeel Asghar. Joint Secretary (Org),
Room No. 2029 2nd Floor Cabinet Block. Islamabad
Telephone No. 9209142