British Council Jobs Director Business Development: The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide.
We work in more than 100 countries and our 7000 staff – including 2000 teachers – work with thousands of professionals and policy makers and millions of young people every year by teaching English, sharing the Arts and delivering education and society programmes.
PURPOSE OF JOB
· Expand the Exams department’s product reach and profit revenues by identifying new markets and attracting new clients
· Enhance and develop existing relationships with clients to ensure their ongoing satisfaction with services/products and possible future expansion of scope of services.
· Assess new business opportunities and target markets, gather intelligence on customers and competitors, generate leads for possible sales, and undertake presentations to and negotiations with prospective customers
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Examination Services Department
· The British Council’s Exams Department has set in place an ambitious plan to ensure its growth and greater impact in a fast changing, global environment. To do this, the department will be engaging and working more directly with partners, both internal and external from all sectors.
The Exams Department has grown into a significantly large revenue business. It is now one of the largest operations within the British Council global network. Due to the scale of the operations, the organization requires a team to manage its business development and marketing function
· Director Business Development holds the strategic oversight of Exams Business Development and Marketing functions countrywide.
· The position will be reporting to the Head of Business Development and will manage a sales team of about 3 people based in different cities of Punjab.
· The position will be responsible for successful execution of business development strategies of the Exams department operating in Punjab.
If you are interested to apply,
UK time: 23:59, 21 March 2016
Pak time: 3:59, 22 March 2016
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks Apply