British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Civil Incharge AKF
Job purpose and key deliverables
Supervise all Engineering affairs related to Civil Works, like preparation and processing of bills, preparation of BOQs, preparation of all contracts and purchase orders, internal & external correspondence and overall administration of Engineering office.
To Plan and execute all type of civil maintenance activities of Factory, R.A. buildings and Roads, Leaf Areas, involving up gradation/ improvements of areas to achieve better house-keeping as related to EHS standards and Execution of civil projects as per requirement of the company.
- Capex system
- Supervise overall Engineering Office affairs related to Civil Works.
- Preparation of all contracts, purchase orders, internal & external correspondence.
- Verification of All engineering – civil Related Bills.
- Keep a track of Civil CapEx incurred.
- To support Projects Manager in preparation of SCEs/ SREs related to civil projects & onward submission for approval & up keep of record.
- To keep complete track of expenditures on SCEs/ SREs, prepare expenditures statements.
- Complete handling and Processing of revenue & capital expenditure bills related to civil works, through SRM, approval from Head of Deptt. & follow up. Information to supplier / contractors for the deductions etc. & return the unapproved bills to the suppliers / contractors.
- Prepration of all contracts ( Civil Only ) & purchase orders against SCEs/ SREs
- To prepare BOQs when required & check calculations & cost on BOQs for prepration of SCEs/ SREs. Calling of quotation.
- To check calculations, job allocation & verification of authorised persons on work orders.
- Verification of rates and quantities of all Engineering related bills.
- To arrange for advance payments to various parties & their settlement; To follow up long outstanding advances.
- Analysis and Preparation of various statements related with work in progress, job contracting procedures etc.
- To implement the Company’s Safety/Security, Health & Environment Policies in Engineering Dept.
- Facilitate Organise, and Execute maintenance / painting of buildings and up gradation of areas as per schedule.
- Resolve day to day problems related to buildings, roof, floor & walls etc. in liaison with stake holders.
- Organise timely repainting, repairing of areas for the preparation of visits and audits etc.
- Facilitate, Organise, and Execute civil project and ensure completion within target dates.
- Management of contractors control and supervision of their work.
- Implementation of management of change.
- Improve and maintain safety standards of ladders and equipment for safe working. Ensuring enforcement and achievement of PTC’s EH&S policies in all relevant activities falling under scope of civil works.
i. Context / Environment:
- The job holder has a very technical responsible and sensitive role to play by keeping all record related to civil works of engineering department.
- Processing of bills, assistance in making SREs/SCEs, preparation of purchase orders & overall supervision of Engg. Administration.
- The job needs frequent interaction with contractors.
ii. Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The job demands a motivated, honest person with full command on Civil Structures & Engineering procedures. A person with excellent communication and Resource management skills, who has to deal several firms & contractors in day to day matters. He should be a Diploma holder at least. He should be good in Computer skills (e.g. MS Office, Auto Cad)
- Key Success Factor:
Availability of updated figures for capex / sanctioned / pipe line / actual incurred, round the clock. Providing Civil Services for timely completion of Civil maintenance work & Projects.
iv. Working Relationship:
Interaction with Outside suppliers and local civil contractors for award of civil jobs as per JCP.
– Diploma Holder in Civil Engineering i.e. DAE Civil
– Minimum 2 years working experience
– Good stakeholder management skills
– Good communication skills
Working at BAT
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Pakistan Tobacco Company Limited
- ACCA Pakistan Jobs Customer Services Officer
- Jobs In Crossover