Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Base2Advisors is looking for an M&A Analyst to research and report on M&A deals in the enterprise software industry.
Founded by veterans of the enterprise software industry, Base2 Advisors is exclusively focused on buy-side M&A. Base2 represents over $100m of capital and helps its find and acquire companies with business assets that fit their operating philosophies. Base2 has retained relationships with the firms it represents, deploys capital quickly, and is involved in multiple transactions annually.
You will be responsible for researching and preparing reports M&A action in the enterprise software field. It is important for Base2 to know the bankers and venture capitalists involved on both sides of the transaction (by firm, by name, and even contact information) and valuation information if available. You must keep your finger on the pulse of all mergers and acquisitions within the enterprise software industry.
You will identify information sources and mine them for relevant information. This includes recent history, as well as ongoing M&A activity. You will present this information in effective and systematic ways to aid the executive team. You will own the research and analysis part of the operation, and consider it a matter of pride to know the ins and outs of all M&A deals in the enterprise software domain.. The role will be hands on; you will create a research plan and execute it for Base2 Advisors.
Research, Research, Research
- Build a research corpus that encapsulates specific information regarding M&A deals in the enterprise software field
- Find and log every detail about M&A deals in the field
- Identify sources of information and then mine these sources for key details like the names of sell side banks, key people to contact, their contact details etc.
- Update this corpus in real time: you must know every detail (particularly sell side) of every M&A deal.
- Construct a database of every enterprise software company globally and their M&A deals.
- Identity information that is relevant to the team
- Extract the relevant information from your research and report it to your manager regularly.
- Present your key findings effectively and efficiently
- Update these reports in real time
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a degree from a top 20 university
- Analytical coursework and finance background preferred
- Research experience mandatory
- Financial research a huge plus
- Experience in M&A
- You’re self-motivated, and don’t need close monitoring
Total Compensation is $30/hour
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time – so we thank you in advance for your efforts. Apply