Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Senior MS-SQL Database Administrator: Are you an extremely motivated, very detail-oriented and very attentive to the processes? Are you able to solve difficult issues under pressure and know when it is appropriate to seek help? If you are experienced in MS-SQL Database and are independent and adapt to a fast-paced work environment- then this role is for you.
The Senior MS-SQL Database Administrator will work within Aurea’s Energy Solution Billing Team as a point person for MS SQL database. You will monitor, administrate, and report on production and lower MS-SQL environments. You will be in the rotation for after-hours support of the production
and lower environment MS-SQL databases. You will report directly to the team manager without much hand-holding along the way.
- Support Client Services with Reports, Queries and Data updates.
- Monitor production environment to ensure that backups and ad-hoc refreshes are completed as expected and performance is within acceptable standards.
- Handle support ticket queue.
- Assist production DBAs and Development DBAs in maintaining integrity of corporate databases.
- Must be very detail oriented and very attentive to the processes.
- Must be able to solve difficult issues under pressure and when needed know when to ask for help.
Total Compensation is US$60,000/year
We’re also one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
Desired Skills and Experience
Required experience and education
- Proficiency in English (written and verbal)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS, or Technical Studies or equivalent work experience
- 10 years minimum MS-SQL Server Development or Support experience
- Understanding of T-SQL and performance impact of coding practices
- Experience with SSRS and/or SSIS
- Understanding of Backup and Restore Methodologies
- Extensive Troubleshooting Experience
It would be nice if you have:
- Production Support Experience
- Administrator Experience
- MCTS: SQL Server 2008 a plus
- Previous Utillity Industry experience a plus
- ITIL Foundations certification or experience
- Work experience with PCI and SAS-70/SSAE 16
- You have Experience with Microsoft Stack (.NET, SQL Server, C#)
- You have an “abundance” approach and are not afraid to tackle a large, daunting task
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time – so we thank you in advance for your efforts. Please note that you will not be paid for these interviews or skills tests but we hope you will complete them to help us truly evaluate your talent vs your peers.
Are you up for the challenge?