Get Latest Jobs Via Email
AES, an Aurea product, is a business process outsourcer for EDI transactions and billing for retail and wholesale electric and gas utilities markets. Our mission is to provide accurate and transparent transactions and invoices to our customers. We provide a team-oriented environment that supports every employee in solving problems and getting the job done well.
Job Description: The AES SaaS Sr. Operations Analyst is responsible for providing second level support to both internal and external clients for resolving incidents and service requests. You will adhere to ista’s internal processes for incident and service request resolution, and change management through proper execution and documentation — all from the comfort of your own home. This position is 100% remote; you never have to fight traffic to the office again, and you have the freedom to choose where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
Key Responsibilities: In this role you will:
- Analyze issues and data anomalies and identify solutions.
- Perform level 2 support functions for incidents.
- Emphasize resolving issues escalated to Operations.
- Recognize and act on opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Review and write SQL queries for analysis and resolution of issues.
- Navigate a complex database system.
- Assist in off-hours coverage via escalation of priority incidents (choosing shifts that overlap with the time period of 6am-6pm Central Standard Time)
- Perform manual tasks/processes in support of business and operational units.
- Research and resolve alerts and problem accounts in a timely manner.
- Ensure all tasks are completed correctly, including letter generation and delivery, invoice generation and delivery, and alert management.
- Work with retail utility providers to identify and resolve operational account anomalies.
- Compose and produce reports, documents and related material.
- Maintain Operation procedural documentation in the knowledge base.
- Perform other operational tasks as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minumum of 5+ years of IT Operations role or client/customer support experience
- Minimum 2 years writing medium to high level SQL queries
- Working knowledge of communication protocols
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Able to analyze complex data and provide independent analysis and solutions to team members.
- Able to use logic to analyze or identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions
- Able to work with and coordinate across multiple groups of people.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and quality-driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client communication skills
- Able to listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally
Additional Preferred Experience
- Knowledge of and experience in utility markets
- Knowledge of and experience in EDI
- Knowledge of and experience in software organizations
- Understanding of the energy retailer or utility CIS application hosting
This role may be a great fit if you have:
- Functional Knowledge: Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own discipline and a basic knowledge of these elements in other disciplines
- Business Expertise: Basic understanding of how own area integrates within the sub-function
- Leadership: Provides on-the-job training/support to new team members
- Problem Solving: Uses judgment based on the analysis of information
- Nature of Impact: Direct impact by ensuring the quality of the task/services/information provided by self and others
- Area of Impact: Primarily on own team
- Interpersonal Skills: Information exchange requiring tact and diplomacy is a significant feature of the job
The rate for this full-time position is US$20/hr.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of online skills examinations followed by final interviews. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time – so we thank you in advance for your efforts. Please note that you will not be paid for these interviews or skills tests, but we hope you will complete them to help us truly evaluate your talent vs your peers.
Are you up for the challenge?