Asian Development Bank:Job Purpose To oversee Pakistan Resident Mission’s (PRM’s) finance and administration (F&A) operations, ensuring that all tasks are undertaken in accordance with ADB rules and procedures and also to ensure that the principles of economy, efficiency and transparency are adhered to.
Expected OutcomesFinance and Administration
• Leads the Finance & Administration team, and is responsible for overall financial and accounting management, development and preparation of annual and medium-term budgeting/business plans.
• Supervises the general upkeep and maintenance of all assets; maintaining a proper inventory including asset procurement and disposal/donations in accordance with ADB rules and procedures.
• Supervises the overall implementation of activities related to human resource functions including recruitment of staff, performance management, work plan, promotion exercise, staff development activities and personnel matters.
• Ensures adherence to relevant ADB procedures and guidelines governing institutional procurement of goods and/or services, and the administration of contracts for such goods and/or services.
• Liaises with the Office of the Auditor General (OAG) and assists in its audit of PRM and project accounts. Monitors recruitments and procurements under TAs for which disbursements are made by PRM.
• Liaises with government officials relating to taxes, government duties and facilities. Interacts with other international organizations in locality on matters relating to facilities, benefits and administrative developments.
• Prepares plans for medium/long term developments and required improvements in the functioning of the office.
• Supervises AS and contractual staff of the Finance and Administration team. Gives feedback to F&A staff on their performance and undertakes performance evaluation. Approves overtime and leave applications of F&A staff.
• Other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Core Competencies Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Applies updated advancements in own knowledge area to relevant tasks
- Applies knowledge and practical skills to independently perform some complex tasks
- Conveys the need to use updated project approaches
- Delivers Divisional contributions across a variety of products and services to meet the needs of different clients
- Proposes options to clients that may better meet their needs than current approaches
- Defines and delivers to agreed standards with clients
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Conducts detailed research and analysis to determine appropriate methods for addressing the causes of issues
- Self-monitors achievement of results according to work plans
- Identifies different stakeholder needs and desired outcomes when planning for outcomes
- Independently solves problems and makes recommendations
- Maintains collaborative relationships within the Department
- Works effectively with diverse colleagues in own and other Divisions and Departments
- Flexibly alters positions and adjusts previously stated points of view to support the group consensus
- Follows through on team priorities in the absence of a team leader
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Checks with audience’s level of understanding and awareness of required follow up actions
- Consistently seeks and addresses feedback on own performance
- Creates knowledge products endorsed for wider distribution
- Independently amends and clarifies messages and documents
Innovation and Change
- Actively supports work improvement and/or organizational change by work and deed
- Develops and adopts change plans to support Division initiatives on which one works
- Considers current and future client needs in proposing ideas
- Vocalizes early support for change
- Recommends inputs to new policies, systems and processes in immediate work area
Education Requirements Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting. Preferably with professional accounting qualifications and/or Master’s degree or equivalent.
Relevant Experience Work experience
• At least 8 years of relevant work experience in Financial accounting, Procurements and General Office Administration, and 4 years of supervisory experience.
• Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures
• Proven application of expertise and experience within a specific area (finance, procurements), or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area
• Familiarity with accepted best practices with local languages and institutions
• Clear understanding of the economic, political, social and developmental issues specific to the country
• Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
• Proficiency in use of spreadsheets and required information technologies
People and leadership skills
• Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location
• Act as a mentor to more junior National Staff and Administrative Staff.
• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
• Act as a coach to develop the capabilities/potential of more junior colleagues
- Supervisor: Country Director
- The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:o Administrative Staff
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive environment. Apply