Get Latest Jobs Via Email
AITCHISON COLLEGE, LAHORE PRINCIPAL: The Board of Governors of Aitchison College invites applications from dynamic and suitably qualified educational leaders for the post of Principal. The College occupies a magnificent 200 acres site in the heart of Lahore, the capital city of the province of Punjab in Pakistan.
We are Y1 -Y13 school for 2700 boys with a sizeable community of boarders who are accommodated in five boarding houses on the campus. The College consists of three schools: Junior, Prep. and Senior sections each with its own Head all of whom report to the Principal. Founded in 1886, Aitchison College. an iconic institution in the country, implements a curriculum that is modelled on the UK’s National Curriculum and its general ethos resembles strongly with that of a typical HMC school. Steeped in rich history, the College is forward looking and is committed to the pursuit of excellence for all its students in every aspect of their school life where an equal emphasis is placed on academia, co-curricular, sporting and cultural activities.
The key role of the Principal will be to provide strategic leadership in the educational process and exercise his managerial responsibilities in all facets of the College’s work. The appointee will report directly to the Governor of Punjab, the President of the Board of Governors. It is anticipated that the successful individual will be serving Principal of a prominent school from any part of the world or a distinguished member of a faculty at a top, highly rated University or from a management discipline related to education and upbringing of boys. The candidate is expected to be a highly experienced educator with post graduate credentials. The College is fortunate to possess world class facilities that include all the amenities which would be associated with a highly inspirational education establishment in the 21st century. The extensive College grounds offer the boys opportunity to engage in a range of sporting activities. Meanwhile, the classrooms are equipped with computers and multi-media provision for the 250 teachers across the College to apply technology based contemporary teaching methods.
NOTES FOR APPLICANTS
1. Further details: Interested candidates are directed, in the first instance, to the College website, www.aitchison.edu.pk for additional information about Aitchison College.
2. Informal discussion: Candidates who wish to discuss further details about the vacancy may contact (Sayed Amir Hussain, Acting Principal, Ph. No. 092-42-36315499) e-mail: [email protected]
3. Personal attributes: It is envisaged that the appointee will demonstrate the following characteristics: Pro-activeness and calmness under pressure; imagination and flair; measured decisiveness and fairness; consistency and resourcefulness; open-mindedness and resilience; dynamism and determination and ambition to secure the highest standards in every aspect of the College’s work.
4. Job Description: The post-holder will be offered a fixed term contact and its content along with the job description will be discussed with the long-listed candidates at the first round of interview.
5. Remuneration Package: For the right candidate, the remuneration package will be highly competitive and the benefits include: a negotiable salary, fully furnished family accommodation on the campus and annual paid leave.
6. Application procedure: Written applications should be addressed to the Governor of Punjab and posted to the address given below: C/O The Principal, Aitchison College, Lahore, Pakistan
7. The documentation should include: a personal statement (maximum one side A4 stating your educational philosophy, your comments on the distinction between leadership and management and an indication, with reasons, on your style of operation within these two domains of responsibility); a professional statement (maximum one side of A4 outlining why you are a suitable candidate for the post another what special skills would you bring to Aitchison College).
8. Starting dated: The successful applicant is expected to take up the post on or before 1st February, 2016.
9. Close of applications: Candidates are requested to apply as soon as possible but no later than 12th December, 2015.
10. Interviews: Short-listed persons will be contacted shortly after the deadline for the receipt of applications for the initial interview which will be conducted via Skype if needed.