Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Qualification & Experience
– Bachelor degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent with minimum 3 years relevant experience
– Experience of post disaster information management situations is an advantage
– Strong experience of Network (LAN/WAN) Administration
– Practical Installation experience of MS SQL Server,
– High exposure to Microsoft Windows (Window7, 2003/2008 Server), Intel based desktops, laptops, hardware and computer peripherals like printers, plotters and photo copiers
– An understanding of the range of GIS and information management software products,
– Working knowledge of database utilization including the use of quality assurance procedures, database management, and data conversion.
– Excellent time and resource management, interpersonal, business communication, negotiation skills
– Advanced computing skills including MS-Office applications
– Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an advantage
– Experience in emergency and post disaster area is preferred
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Senior GIS Officer and the direct supervision of GIS Officer at PBS Office, the incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities:
– Responsible for PBS/GIS Lab of Client Computer’s Hardware & Software – Support, maintain and administrate client machines/Desktop/Laptop’s hardware and software systems
– Responsible for installation of windows operating system on new and old corrupt system along with de-installation of corrupt software
– Responsible of Network Security – Pro-actively administrate the security of server systems, messaging, mail server, firewalls and hosted systems against any kind of threats which can destroy the data, under the supervision of GIS Officer.
– Responsible for installation of GIS application ArcGIS desktop etc.
– Responsible for creating, deploying and maintaining window server 2008 domain network and client machine user rights
– Responsible for installation, configuration and maintaining Juniper SSG 140 Firewall/Router
Apply By: Jan 14, 2013