Ingredion Jobs Head of Internal Audit: Ingredion is a leading global ingredients solutions company. We make sweeteners, starches, nutrition ingredients and biomaterials that are used by customers in everyday products from foods and beverages to paper and pharmaceuticals.
Head of Internal Audit, Rafhan Maize
Rafhan Maize Products Ltd.,
Provide Rafhan Maize Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and senior management with assurance as to the adequacy and effectiveness of internal financial and operational controls within the Company.
Reporting to the Chair of the Audit Committee of the Rafhan Maize Board of Directors and operationally/functionally to the Chief Executive Officer, Rafhan Maize, Pakistan. Matrixed reporting to Ingredion EMEA Internal Audit Manager & Ingredion VP Internal Audit.
Manage a team of 2 – 3 Direct Reports, Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Experience: Significant years of relevant experience (10 to 15 years); However minimum 8yrs. in internal/auditing, accounting and/or corporate finance/financial analysis, including prior experience as a head of internal audit, preferred.
- Certification(s)/Affiliation(s): Chartered Accountant (CA)/ Certified Public Accountant (CPA); or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); or a Certified Fraud Examiner CFE); or a Certified Internal Control Auditor (CICA) professional certification required. Member of a recognized body of professional accountants preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent in education and experience. Masters Degree or MBA, a plus)
- Accounting Knowledge: Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accounting is required.
- Industry Knowledge: Manufacturing Industry knowledge related to programs, policies, procedures, regulations and laws, and/or experience in a publicly traded manufacturing company, a plus.
- Auditing Standards: Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Data Analysis: Experience/skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions. Experience with data analysis techniques and/or software including Audit Command Language (ACL) or IDEA are a plus.
- Project Management: Extensive skill in planning and project management, and ability to multi-task.
- Conflict/Issue Management: Demonstrated ability to negotiate issues and resolve problems. Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and across international borders.
- PC Skills: Proficiency using Microsoft Office application suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio diagramming/flowcharting, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analysis.
- Languages: Proficiency in English (both oral & written) for effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations. Prior international business experience, a plus.
Desired behavior, personal attributes, (Success Drivers And Competencies)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with all levels of management locally & globally
- Strong detail orientation with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Develop strong Audit Committee relationships
- Ability to work effectively across the organization; developing, building and maintaining positive productive relationships with all stakeholders and being accepted as a business partner
- Promote high levels of ethical awareness and conduct within the company investigations of potential ethical matters or conflicts of interest. Proactively identify and notify management and the Audit Committee of the findings, as appropriate. Maintain/uphold the internal audit professional practices and business highest standards of independence and ethical behavior
- Conflict resolution & effectively managing and dealing with confrontation
- Implement an organization-wide strategy, aligned with Ingredion Corporate, for conducting internal audits throughout the Head Office and plant/site locations within the country to minimize risk.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards.
- Perform advanced specialized and/or managerial auditing work across multiple disciplines.
- Responsible for leading and managing complex audits; performing critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, quality review and reporting of the work products of Rafhan Maize audit team
- Present internal audit reports, including cases of fraud, bribery, corruption, or irregularities to management and to the Rafhan Maize Audit Committee & Board, where necessary.
Agility and Innovation
- Manage and improve the audit programs, procedures, and audits conducted, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures.
- Continuously improve the comprehensive risk based internal audit methodology and execute operational, IT and Financial internal audit reviews in line with Ingredion Corporate methodology to identify control and operational weaknesses and work with business process owners to create effective management action plans to address gaps.
Relationships and People
- Lead and manage the Rafhan Maize Internal Audit activities and audit team.
- Plan, organize, direct and monitor Internal Audit activities.
- Hire, train and evaluate staff; and take corrective actions to address opportunities for improvement. Apply