Get Latest Jobs Via Email
University degree in Medicine. Advanced degree / diploma in Public Health or a related technical field will be considered additional qualification.
1 Year(1-2 years professional work experience at national / provincial level in project administration, including data collection and analysis.).
Analytical and conceptual ability; communication skills.
Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work & projects.
Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions.
Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
Commitment to continuous learning for professional development.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective
working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEFs mission and professional values.
1. Supports Health & Nutrition Specialist for advocacy & dissemination activities related to achieving Health related MDGs with EQUITY. Interact with the Provincial and the district level (Government, CSOs) for joint planning, implementation and monitoring of evidence based, equity focussed Health interventions related to MDGs based on district investment cases.
2. Supports & facilitates the Health team of UNICEF Punjab to inter-act with the Provincial and district health teams for implementation of MNCH activities of MYWP in target districts, especially provision of 24/7 maternal & neonatal services to most disadvantaged and deprived. Supports the provincial PIU of National Program for FP & PHC and provincial directorate of MNCH program for proper implementation of national program for FP & PHC Punjab and national MNCH programme in post devolution period.
3. Undertakes frequent field visits to UNICEF assisted districts for the participation in, or observation of project activities and local conditions. Prepares trip reports on results of visits and project progress.
4. Collects and assembles data and background information with regard to programmes/projects and provides updated information on programme/project financial and administrative status for analysis and report purposes. Analyzes programme/project status and recommends appropriate adjustments. Prepares tables, graphs or other statistical data for technical review/monitoring purposes.
5. Investigates queries regarding authorization, delivery or payments and follows up with Finance, Administrative, Supply and Programme staff on processing of payments, advances to governments and liquidation of accounts. Ensures that activities are in accordance with plans of action.
6. Supports Health & Nutrition specialist in planning implementation and monitoring of activities related to health & nutrition projects particularly MNCH. Communicates with counterpart authorities and recommends courses of action to the supervisor.
7. Monitors the flow of supply and non-supply assistance to counterparts. Drafts supply and financial documentation. Collects and records information on supply/non-supply inventory, distribution and utilization.
Apply By: Feb 24, 2013