Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Master degree in GIS/RS/IT/Computer Science or equivalent
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Senior GIS Officer and in close coordination with the PBS GIS Lab official, and the direct supervision of Manager ITSU of UN-HABITAT, the incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities:
– Responsible for providing technical assistance and managing/monitoring activities of PBS GIS Lab
– Responsible for PBS/GIS Lab ongoing technical activities and geo spatial data creation and management
– Support technical assistance to Team Leader & Senior GIS Officer in the technical training sessions and feedback training;
– Responsible for PBS/GIS Lab staff to enhance the capacity in the ArcGIS desktop 10.1 and Google Earth Pro GIS/RS applications
– Assist and coordinate in the GIS & GPS Training session for the PBS GIS Staff
– Work in close coordination with Census technical GIS Lab staff
– Coordinate and assist Geo-Database utilization and maintenance
– Creation and design centralize ArcSDE 10.1 at GIS Server machine using MS SQL Server 2008 R2
– Responsible for technical assistance and support to PBS GIS Lab staff daily query, issue during digitization of urban/rural blocks, roads, hydrology etc.
– GIS spatial data QA/QC using topological ruls
– Responsible of GPS Survey with coordination of PBS Officials in urban/rural census blocks
– Assist to Senior GIS Officer at PBS Office Islamabad in the Designing Templates for GIS Mapping Layouts of different sectors and indicators
– Conduct Census Data Analysis and Integration methodologies with spatial datasets layers
– Develop GIS products based on census data under supervision of Senior GIS Officer
– Backup plan of the spatial dataset infrastructure and manage
– Prepare Monthly & Quarterly cumulative report of PBS GIS Lab Gilgit
– Follow-up on census project Work Plan according to the activities
– Develop Map Catalogue and CD for further dissemination
– Any other task assigned by Team Leader and Senior GIS Officer of PBS Islamabad
– Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualification & Experience
– Master degree in GIS/RS/IT/Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 5 years relevant experience
– Experience of post disaster information management situations is an advantage
– Good working knowledge of MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g/11g, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE enterprise level implementation, Google Earth, Global Mapper and Data Import/Manipulation.
– Higher level project implementation experience including database development for ArcSDE Geodatabase design & implementation.
– Strong previous experience within an enterprise level GIS, ArcSDE, multi-user editing, and versioning concepts.
– An understanding of the range of GIS and information management software products, from desktop to server applications and development tools
– Working knowledge of database utilization including the use of quality assurance procedures, database management, and data conversion.
– Excellent time and resource management, interpersonal, business communication, negotiation skills
– Advanced computing skills including MS-Office applications
– Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an advantage
Apply By: Jan 14, 2013