Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Establishes and maintains communication and ongoing working relationships with outside organizations and manages the design, implementation, and management of communications to support College visibility and recognition.
- Represents the College to a portfolio of external organizations
- Plans and implements communications campaigns, working with publications staff
- Applies an understanding of the concerns of external organizations to develop short- and long-range plans to advance the College’s position and support community/public identified needs
- Plans and implements major activities such as conferences, collaborative partnerships, and educational programs to support identified needs and issues
- Identifies and develops new audiences and communities to further the mission of the College
- Develops and implements advertising and communications campaigns, working with publications and editorial personnel
- Maintain relationships with media representatives
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Communications and College Relations Manager
Higher Education Associate
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to Senior Campus Management, the External Affairs Manager is responsible for implementing and managing community outreach programs that enhance awareness and appreciation for Hunter College’s mission and creates effective partnerships with business, community, and governmental organizations.
The Manager will:
- Implement strategic community relations policies and programs.
- Manage issues involving the College in local political, governmental, and business arenas.
- Take initiative in problem-solving, decision-making, and coalescing College policy positions involving community issues.
- Effectively utilize internal and external relationships to enhance the College’s profile within the community.
- Represent the College and develop effective working relationships with business representatives, community boards, advocacy and civic groups and local, state, and federal government officials.
- Partner with College Advancement and Public Relations offices to ensure a unified approach to external issues.
- Manage day-to-day external affairs activities.
Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required.
The candidate must have demonstrated satisfactory qualities of personality and character and ability to work with others for the good of the institution. He/she must have at least six years of experience in the area of higher education, as well as potential for future growth.
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://cuny.edu/employment.html and navigating to Careers at CUNYfirst. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register.
Note: Job Application system is down at this time. We expect it to be available again Monday morning, April 1, 2013.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on June 19, 2012. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.