Get Latest Jobs Via Email
University Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Affairs or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area, combined with a University Degree in a related field.
2 Years(Two years relevant professional work experience in programme communication, writing articles & publications, working with print and broadcast media or interactive digital media, with national or international organizations).
· Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research, programme communication planning, training of adults and the role of mass media.
· Ability to research, analyse, evaluate, synthesize and develop programme communication strategies and material.
· General ability to draft clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form; specific skills in writing press releases and articles/stories for traditional and electronic media.
· Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials and other UNICEF partners.
· Proven ability to work as part of a team.
· Knowledge of computer systems, internet navigation and various office applications, specifically interactive digital media.
· Commitment to gender equality.
1. Works in close collaboration with government, WHO and other partner counterparts to lead the development and facilitate the implementation of evidence driven provincial communication plan of action for polio eradication aiming at: (a) behavior development/change at the individual/household levels; (b) social mobilization of civil society organizations; (c) increased community participation in PEI programmes. The plan must take into consideration the available data to undertake the communication activities; monitors compliance and provides support and guidance to ensure objectives are met.
2. Provides programmatic leadership and technical support to all COMNet staff and activities in the province, i.e. planning and execution of all the district communication activities and cross-border communication plans.
3. In close coordination with Health Officer-Polio develops partnerships with individuals, groups and organizations whose support is essential to ensuring support for PEI, particularly achieving advocacy and communication objectives. Focus is on strengthening their capacity through appropriate advocacy and communication training, access to updated information, supplies and equipment and through experience-sharing.
4. Provides support to PEI and RI in the design, production, adaptation and dissemination of Information, Education, Communication and capacity-building materials in coordination with the Country Office and compliance with the National Mass Media Campaign.
Apply By: Mar 24, 2013