Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Advanced University Degree in relevant disciplines of Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Policy Research, Social Development, International relations, or Law (International Law, Humanitarian Law).
Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in programme management, monitoring and evaluation, in a related field.• Experience in the area of Child’s rights to protection, public policy, social research.• Legal expertise and experience of working in the field an asset.• Knowledge of latest development and approaches inchild protection.
Under the guidance of the Chief Field Office, Child Protection Officer NO-C contributes to the planning, implementation,monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection programme through technical and managerial guidance and support to provincial office Balochistan and policy development at Federal as well as Provincial level
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Designs, prepares, implements, monitors and evaluates the outputs of the child protection programme aiming at achieving the strategic results areas as well as the CPR (reforming and strengthening the child protection systems) and the four intermediate results of the programme structure. Leads child protection programme and team and contributes to the development and/or introduction of new approaches, especially equity as well as policy research, social protection frameworks and methodology that enhances programme effectiveness. Ensures the quality outputs of thechild protection programme and thus, effectively contributing to One Programme II outcomes. Coordinates the contribution of the Child Protection Programme to the four out of six UNDAF strategic priority areas and the key indicators. Facilitates the development of the contingency plans as well as the emergency preparedness response plans in line with the UNICEF CCC and government priorities.
2. Analyses and evaluates data to ensure achievement of objectives and/or takes corrective action when necessary to meet programme objectives & donors commitments. Undertakes field visits to monitor Child Protection programmeactivities in Balochistan province, as well as conducts periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners active in the field of Child Protection. Proposes and/or undertakes action on operational procedures affecting programme and financial management and implementation. Provides technical advice and assistance to government officials and other partners in the systematic analysis of the dynamics of the social, economic and financial contexts in order to produce evidences based on which a relevant policy, planning, advocacy, prioritization and resource allocations.
3. Convenes and facilitates the development of the sectoral strategies, policies, joint programmes while ensuring compliance to the organizational mandate, processes and procedures. Based on the findings of the institutional assessment of the key governmental partners, coordinates the assistance to develop and institutionalize the capacity and capability development framework as well as the organizational management.
4. Convenes/participates in meetings with Governmental representative, other stakeholders and any other player in the area of Child Protection, and follows up on implementation of recommendations and agreements. Forges partnerships and actively pursues the organizational global and country strategies to mobilize resources.
5. Coordinate and supervises the programmatic and financial assessments of the implementing partners to ensure compliance with the quality assurance standards and HACT procedures including building capacity of the partners to manage programmatic and financial risks in order to deliver results. Monitors the work plans implementation and the funds utilization (Manager Dashboard and SAP) and takes corrective measures, when required. Prepares programmestatus information required for management, donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.