Get Latest Jobs Via Email
Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, International Development, International Relations, Peace & Conflict Studies, Peacebuliding, Public Policy or other related field with emphasis on Child Protection issues.
3 Years(Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in social department, programme design & management. Field experience in peacebuilding, conflict prevention and conflict sensitivity highly desirable. Experience in Social Cohesion/impact analysis and in design of peace building programs highly recommended. Experience in complex emergencies/conflict-affected contexts strongly preferred.).
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
– Strong analytical skills
– Ability to draft clearly and concisely on technical issues
– Good negotiation, presentation, and advocacy skills
– Ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking
– Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and challenging environment.
– Demonstrate and share detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
– Good leadership and team skills; coordinate group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear and produce tangible results
– Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Collect and analyze Child Protection related data specific to adolescents, as per the Social Cohesion and Resilience data analysis and the Adolescents Needs Assessment. Develop an evidence-based programme implementation and M& E plan for the Child Protection component of the Peacebuilding, Education and Advocacy (PBEA) project in KP / FATA, and to be aligned with the overall national programme.
2.Make regular contact with provincial and district officials and partners in order to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate work plan activities for the PBEA project. Ensure the accurate and timely input of project information in Vision and facilitate the issuance of status and progress reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
3.Undertake ongoing visits to UNICEF project sites and monitor UNICEF partners’ adherence to partnership agreements, work plans and quality assurance to technical CP standards, particularly related to working with adolescents. Monitor and analyze UNICEF and partners’ programme implementation and evaluate against established programme recommendations and plans of action. Liaise regularly with local counterpart authorities on project/programme feasibility and effectiveness. Propose corrective actions where needed and provide active follow-up, including field based mentoring, to ensure implementation.
Apply By: Feb 17, 2013