British Council Jobs Manager Commercial Finance Exams: British Council is hiring Manager Commercial Finance – Exams, Lahore.
Right to work in Pakistan/ Salary : Pay band 6, Contract : One year contract of services Salary – PKR 146,500, Region: South Asia, Country :Pakistan , Location :Lahore, Department :English & Exams, Job Category :Exams
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Provide support on commercial and strategic contract management, while providing insights to key decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Exam product costing for new contracts and product profitability analysis of exam portfolio.
- Pricing management for commercial and strategic contracts.
- Partner with the Business Development (BD) team and will be responsible for reporting on marketing spend analysis as well as product wise calculation of marketing ROI
- Develop criteria for commission to business partners and validate controls over BD commissions to partners as per criteria.
- Consolidate region wise current and historical exam volumes from BD team and support in volumes / income forecast for reporting & input to exams monthly commentaries( country /regional reporting)
- Ensure invoicing is as per agreements and management of receivables.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of income, and prepare reconciliation for Non examination products.
- Development of forecasting model to align business volume /growth with operational capacity
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Examination Services Department
- The British Council’s Exams Department has set in place an ambitious plan to ensure its growth and greater impact in a fast changing, global environment. To do this, the division needs to work more effectively and efficiently with partners, both internal and external from all sectors of society.
- The Exams Department has grown into a multi-million pounds business. Due to the scale of the operations, the organization feels there should be a dedicated resource team to manage the financial planning of the Exams division. This position will be a national role.
- This team will be headed by the Director of Planning and Performance and will be responsible for coordinating the planning activity as well as periodically monitoring performance against approved plans. The team will also be responsible for analyzing trends and suggesting solutions for overcoming any performance gaps.
- The position reports to Head Financial Planning & Analysis for Exams.
- The position has no direct reports.
- The position will be responsible for implementation of strategies and analyses relating to commercial activities of Exams department operating in 3 large offices in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and two small offices in Multan and Faisalabad
Accountabilities, Responsibilities And Main Duties
- Ensure accurate financial appraisal of commercial and strategic contracts in relation volume projections from BD team and validate tax implication within Finance team.
- Ensure product costing of new and existing products and share exam product profitability analysis for business focus and promotional spending.
- Ensure pricing management as per agreements and update pricing manual in coordination with local and global stakeholders. Ensure timely circulation price changes to operation’s team.
- Responsible for leading the receivable management as per agreements, highlighting credit risks with operations team and ensure invoicing to partners within the month.
- Consolidate volume trends and analysis for planning meetings and direction to commercial budget holders in development of the annual operating budget.
- Ensure monthly monitoring and analyses of actual volumes and commercial spend against budget for regional variance reporting,
- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure that financial reports are timely, accurate, consistent, and meet the requirements of the Exams department’s standards.
- Participate in review of financial systems and processes in order to facilitate improvements in operations and enhancements to internal controls.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of Non exam products and share reconciliation adjustments of Non exam revenue with the team for accounting in respective areas.
- Work closely with the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis to introduce and apply professional analytical tools and techniques to support the business.
If you are interested to apply, for further information please see the documents below:
UK time: 23:59, 23 Feburary 2017
Pak time: 3:59, 24 Feburary 2017 Apply