Get Latest Jobs Via Email
British Council Jobs Director Arts Pakistan: The British Council Pakistan is recruiting for Director Arts based in Karachi, Lahore or Islamabad. PURPOSE OF JOB: To lead a team that designs and delivers an arts programme in Pakistan that finds new ways of connecting with and understanding each other through creativity, and which is delivered through collaboration between the arts and creative sectors in the UK and Pakistan, so helping both to develop and prosper.
The British Council’s global arts work
Our global arts team has both a UK-based and an international element.
In the UK it includes six specialist art form teams (Architecture, Design, Fashion; Film; Literature; Music; Theatre and Dance; and Visual Arts), three cross-disciplinary teams (Creative Economy, Cultural Skills, and Culture and Development), and three country-specific teams (Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) based in our UK offices.
Internationally, we have arts managers based in British Council offices around the world, organised into six regions (Americas, East Asia, Europe, Wider Europe, Middle East and North Africa, South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa) each of which has a regional lead. They work closely with their UK counterparts to achieve significant impact and change by finding new ways of connecting with and understanding each other through creativity.
We deliver this in the following ways:
· Our expert teams partner with the UK’s most exciting established and emerging artists to curate innovative programmes and share UK arts with the world
· We foster collaboration and networks through raising awareness of opportunities, supporting organisations to internationalise and supporting people to collaborate
· We harness the power of arts for social change , including building trust and presenting marginalised voices, the empowerment of women and girls, and the representation of work by Deaf and disabled artists
· Through capacity building we strengthen the arts sector worldwide to innovate, reach new audience, develop skills and support livelihoods
· Through work in policy and research we help shape cultural policy worldwide
OTHER IMPORTANT FEATURES AND REQUIREMENTS OF JOB
(e.g. travel, unsocial/evening hours, restrictions on employment etc)
Frequent travel within Pakistan, occasional travel in South Asia and to the UK
If you are interested to apply, Apply
UK time: 23:59, 31 August 2016
Pak time: 3:59 am, 1 September 2016