British American Tobacco BAT Jobs Senior Business Analyst IT: British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Job title: Senior Business Analyst – IT
Job purpose and key deliverables: IT’s at the heart of our business, enabling us to adapt to a constantly evolving business environment and build a range of distinctive brands. By developing innovative and reliable systems and processes, our IT services play a key role in enabling us to meet consumers’ needs in a wide variety of global markets.
- To understand regional & end market business requirements & processes and to identify regional & end market business technology and/or process opportunities.
- To ensure the implementation and deployment of IT solutions into the region & end market to the agreed requirements and that this is done with minimal risk and disruption to the business.
- To maintain and enhance existing regional solutions where required.
Skills and Experience:
- Business-facing IT experience in a global environment, preferably with a degree in an IT-related discipline
- Ability to interpret the business IT and functional strategies, understand the Group operating model, and the implications actions in one area have on other functions
- Extensive and substantial practical experience in interpreting business process management and business metrics
- Project management, change management and lifecycle planning skills
- Experience: 4-6 years
- Education: First degree
As an experienced IT professional with a background working in a business facing IT role, you’ll have experience gained in a complex global organisation using in-sourced and out-sourced IT services.
- Ensures regional and local systems are maintained and enhanced but within the boundaries of the agreed Regional IT Account Plan and IT Strategy
- Identifies and flags up regional/ local differences for regional/ local solutions and manages stakeholders as appropriate
- Contributes to the preparation of budget proposals and estimated project workloads relevant to the business area
- Undertakes usability requirements analyses, applying tools and methods to identify the non-functional requirements of users, their characteristics and tasks, and the technical, organisational and physical environment in which the product or system will operate
- Undertakes usability evaluations, planning and performing all types of evaluation to assess the usability (including health and safety, and accessibility) of new or existing products or services (including prototypes); interprets and presents the results of evaluations
- Helps the business in checking the ‘end product’ against the initial requirements as articulated in the business requirement document.
- Guides senior and middle management towards accepting change brought about through process automation
- Supports the reduction of legacy
- Develops and co-ordinates implementation plans that are in line with best practice, the IT strategy, the business priorities and the demand plan. Apply