BBC Urdu Jobs Multimedia Reporters: BBC Urdu provides news and current affairs to Urdu speaking audiences through online, radio, TV, social and mobile media. In line with Global News Divisions innovation objectives of reaching new audiences, BBC Urdu is exploring a new digital direction that aims to build and optimize online video platform growth.
Role Responsibility: As a Multimedia Reporter, you will provide BBC Urdu Service with timely, expert and authoritative coverage of news and current affairs events from Lahore, Punjab and the wider South Asian region for TV, radio, digital and mobile in Urdu and English. You’ll provide meaningful reporting of political stories and other news topics which are lively, interesting and readily understandable to a non-specialist audience. Advising BBC Urdu about regional news, topics and events on a daily basis will also be part of your role and you will alert editors to breaking news, being ready to file immediately with stills and short videos. In addition, you will help provide contact numbers and interviewees for discussion programmes, and provide other programme material to the BBC.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recent and relevant professional experience as reporter and/or journalist.
- A thorough knowledge of Pakistan and South Asian affairs together with a broader understanding of international affairs.
- Outstanding language skills in Urdu and English with a particular emphasis on written Urdu and Urdu orthography. Ability to communicate effectively to audiences in both languages.
- Demonstrable interest in and passion for social media.
- Experience in using smartphones for newsgathering purposes.
- Proven skills in filing despatches, conduct interviews, do two-ways and make radio and television packages.
- Ability to convey story and programme ideas and contribute fully to the planning process.
Package Description: Continuing contract, local terms and conditions
Base – Lahore, Pakistan Apply