Get Latest Jobs Via Email
University degree in medicine from a recognized university. Post graduate degree in public health (preferably in epidemiology of child health).
5 Years(Atleast 5-years experience in public health related activities)
Under the direct supervision of the Emergency Coordinator (Polio), and overall supervision of the WHO Representative; the incumbent will be responsible to perform the following duties:
· To support surveillance activities (for AFP and VPI diseases) to ensure achievement/maintenance of certification standards by:
– participating in the planning and in the implementation of active surveillance and routine reporting;
– supporting the training activities and supervision of surveillance/support staff
– participating in the organization of advocacy/orientation meetings for health care providers
– ensuring proper case investigations, follow-up classification
– regular analysis of surveillance data and monitor indicators
· To support the development and strengthening of routine immunization through:
– participating in the development of micro-plans for implementation of Reaching Every Districts (RED) approach and ensure their proper implementation and monitoring;
– coordinating with partners on activities related to routine immunization and ensure community participation; and
– timely analysis and interpretation of routine immunization data and its use for corrective action.
· To support supplementary immunization activities through:
– preparations, implementation and monitoring of supplementary immunization activities including micro-planning, training and monitoring;
– timely analysis of data and its use for corrective action;
– contribute in strengthening of the development of health system infrastructure particularly through training and assist in building national capacity
· To liaise with different EPI/PEI partners and enlist continued commitment of national local authorities to stated goals.
· To oversee activities of national support staff recruited by WHO working in the polio eradication activities.
To submit monthly reports to reflect progress achieved constraints and proposed actions